We know that you barely have time to interact with your “real” friends, family, and clients, let alone Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, G+ and all of the other 10,000 social media sites. As a business, how do you manage it all?
When using social media you are connecting to “real” people in your life. As a business, wouldn’t you want to inform your customers about what is going on with your business? Social media channels allow you to update, inform, and converse without about your news in real-time.
SHOULD I USE SOCIAL MEDIA?
As a small business owner, social media can help you attract valuable customers and is relatively inexpensive. If nothing else, you are branding your business with constant top of mind awareness. But to know if you should use social media, you first need to establish if you can be consistent in your posting and messaging.
When clients come to us asking if they should use social media, we go through some questions and answers with them. Here is what we ask:
1. Are you potential customers on social media? Considering that 70% of the U.S. population has at least one social media account, chances are that the answer will be yes.
2. Do you have someone dedicated to doing that job? As a busy business owner, there is no way that you can do everything it takes to run a business along with handling social media consistently. Regardless of who the person is, or what their other responsibilities are within the company, they have to remain dedicated and consistent.
3. Do you have something specific to say? Consumers are bombarded EVERY day with a company trying to sell something. Don’t do that in your social media posts. The point of social media is to be entertaining – not boring or sales-y. If you have a cultivated content strategy, social media can prove to be a great vehicle to reach new clients.
SOCIAL MEDIA benefits for your business
If you’re like most business owners, you’ve already grown through your referrals and word of mouth, but don’t stop there. Social Media can provide a ton of benefits for your already thriving business.
- Brand Awareness: As we mentioned earlier, social media can provide some awesome brand awareness – as long as the message is valuable.
- Connecting The Audience: Social media is a two-way street. It allows your clients to converse with you. By connecting with them, you are strengthening your bond and their loyalty.
- Increasing Traffic: As more people become aware of who you are as a brand, they will be curious to know more about your offerings. With this comes increased web traffic.
- Lead Generation: Customers are always shopping. Social media gives them an easy way to express interest and ask for a quote.
- Partner with Influencers: Finding an influencer that has an audience similar to yours can be extremely helpful, especially if they are local. They can drive attention to your brand, driving brand lift.
what social media channel should i use?
There are a ton of social media channels and the most common are Facebook, Yelp, Twitter, Instagram and SnapChat. How do you know which social media to use for your business? Let’s see how they measure up against each other.
1. Facebook: This is the most widely used, with 1.5 billion daily active users. One of the reasons it makes the #1 spot, you can usually find your target audience as a user considering the diversity of the users and it’s worldwide reach.
2. Instagram: Facebook now owns Instagram and has 500 million daily active users. Because Facebook owns it, Instagram has all of the same paid benefits. Instagram is photo and video based which helps the end user remember your product!
3. Pinterest: If your business is trying to reach females, Pinterest is one of the platforms you should be on…but only if it makes sense. Pinterest caters to creative, crafty products and services. But with 175 million active users, there are a ton of potential clients you could reach.
what is the best way for my business to use SOCIAL MEDIA?
Before you start to use social media, you should start with your goals for this marketing approach. What questions should you be asking when it comes to figuring out your goals? Mainly, just one. What message are you trying to send your audience through social media? Social media fame does not happen over night.
One of the toughest challenges to creating content for social media is the consistency of it all. We all like pretty pictures but how do we keep the words and interaction behind it meaningful? Build content themes and werk, werk, werk. Make sure your photos and thoughts meet your message every.single.post.
Don’t forget to engage with your audience. If someone @’s you, be sure to respond thoughtfully. Or depending on the comment, respond in your voice. Social media is just a digital extension of your company so be sure that clients are getting a feel for who you are as a company and brand.
WHY CHOOSE A GOOGLE CERTIFIED PARTNER?
The goal of Google Partners is to provide a resource for finding a reputable company to work with, and what better way than to use a trusted business partner by Google. Contact us today to find out how we can help you with your SEO and Adwords management.